Thursday, May 4, 2017

I Kept Up With The Kardashians

Kardashians have become a permanent fixture of 2010s pop culture. They are literally everywhere! On your TV, on the internet, in the magazines, there is just no ignoring them! I was one of those who would go, "Ugh, why are they so popular? They are just famous for being famous, whatever that means!". 


(Image Source: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38jinl_keeping-up-with-the-kardashians-season-10-episode-12-moons-over-montana_tv)

But then, one day, I stumbled upon a funny Scott Disick quote on Pinterest. It was hilarious! I went through similar pins and made a mental note to watch the show "Keeping up with the Kardashians" just for him. 


(Image source: http://emgn.com/entertainment/17-hilarious-moments-that-prove-scott-disick-was-the-best-kardashian-ever/)

I have to say, I am impressed. I watched the show and couldnt just hit the stop button. Yes, "that tape" brought Kim and her family to spotlight. But the way she maneuvered the entire mess towards a successful career is something everyone can learn from. You cannot let a mistake define your life. (I mean, there were 2 people involved in the tape for crying out loud and I never heard anyone chastising RayJ for it!).  I have respect for Kim for the way she rose like a phoenix after the tape fiasco. She is a suave business woman and she works really hard. She has become a business moghul, what with the DASH stores across America, being featured on Forbes, making millions out of Kimojis and her game. Right after the release of her game, at a tech conference she thoroughly surprised the host by being smart and by being ahead of her game. 


(Image source: http://heightline.com/kim-kardashian-ethnicity-and-quotes/)

I went through a personal dip in my life recently and watching the show made me feel better. Strong female influences like them make you wanna get out of your bed and do something to change your situation. Through the show, you learn about Kris Jenner, the momager and what a genius business person she is. Her sharp skills have helped her put all her kids in the forefront of being successful entrepreneurs and professionals in their own areas. Something that I like about her is the fact that she can take a joke! And she has a wicked sense of humour which helps her be positive always, no matter what. It shows her a way of dealing with serious things smoothly. 


(Image source: http://www.azquotes.com/author/44993-Kris_Jenner)

Recently, Khloe's Good American Jeans and Kylie's LipKits sold out like crazy within a few days' time. Kendall Jenner has rose to become one of the prominent Super models. Kim Kardshian has made money out of all of her business ventures. Her come back was stronger than her set back with all the robbery and Kanye's hospitalization. Rob Kardashian is doing decent business with his Arthur George collection. Kourtney is singlehandedly taking care of DASH stores and making them successful (when her sisters are busy with other ventures). Looking at all these women fighting it out in today's dog-eat-dog era and winning makes me want to become something. They taught me to never give up, to not take criticism personally, to always believe in myself, to never let anyone make me think otherwise. They taught me that it's just as easy to build yourself up as it is to break you down. They are famous because they are hardworking role models in their own right, according to me. I kept up with the Kardashians and I dont regret it one bit! 


(Image source: https://in.pinterest.com/explore/kardashian-quotes/)

No comments: